Thursday, December 29, 2005

Knitting and ADD

The Sheep mentioned in the earlier "Forced Tag" post that she has a little ADD. Not the "Oh silly me, I forgot to pick up the milk" kind but the "Hmm...forgot to pay my taxes, finally change my oil after 10,000 miles, wander out of meetings cuz I'm bored" kind. I get the jitters when I take antihistimines and drink coffee to help me sleep. I sometimes catch people looking at me during Pupil Evaluation Team Meetings and realize that I have been rocking in my chair for the last god-knows-how-many minutes. And, lord help me, I have a tiny bit of difficulty with printed directions...GET TO THE POINT ALREADY...OH FORGET IT, I'LL JUST FIGURE IT OUT!!!!

Sooooo, I take Concerta. This helps a great deal and outweighs the side effects IMHO. However, it is a methlyphenidate and one can develop a tolerance for it. Thus, whenever possible, I take a little med. holiday and vibrate through life for a few days. As I'm on vacation this week, I thought it might be a good time to take a little break. Now, let's discuss decreases.

The Not-So-Fringed-Collar jacket is humming along nicely, but we had a little difficulty following along when it came to the decreases after the super thick ribbing. We've had to do a bit of "adjusting" since I have no intention whatsoever of going back to the beginning. I've managed to get this sucker to within a few stitches of where it is supposed to be and think that all will turn out well. Here's the progress thus far:


A close-up of the ribbing:
Bigger view:


Persephone offering her valuable assistance:

Technically, The Sheep is still on vacation, however the downside to having two jobs is that she needs to drag her fleecy little self out the door for a 5:00 visit supervision for the agency. Gotta pay off that stupid crown so I guess I need to put in the hours. I don't want Dr. DeSade to have to get upset...can you imagine how mean he'd be if I owed him money????

And in case you're wondering: yes, we opt for medication on the days we work the extra job!!!! It's a looooong day without it.

SA

5 comments:

mrichme said...

Sheepish,

Now it all makes sense.

missemilysmom said...

Ahhh now I understand!! :)

See you Tuesday (maybe the weather is looking like it might let us stay home?)

Sheepish Annie said...

Actually, I blame society and the public schools for failing me. I own nothing!!!!!!!!!

knitannie said...

Hey Sheepish, Merry Xmas. Your sweater looks great so far. Can't wait to see the finished product. I have yet to knit any item of clothing for myself, as the yarn always seemed so expensive it didn't seem worth it. I guess I am a yarn snob. However, once I finish my list of WIP's I will endeavour to make something for myself out of 100 % acrylic - inspired by your sweater of course!

Anonymous said...

My name is Irene Pak and i would like to show you my personal experience with Concerta.

I am 60 years old. I have been taking concerta for three days now. So far it is wonderful. I was previously on ritalin for 2 months, and felt like I was on rollercoaster. I would go from jittery to severly depressed and crying. After changing to concerta three days ago, I feel like myself again, only with much more energy focus and concentration. I am sure hoping this will continue. I am on 36mg.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
mild headache, dry mouth, some affect on sleep

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Irene Pak

Concerta Side Effects